Installing Ribbon Heating With Carpet
Benefits of installing our carpet underfloor heating
Our under carpet heating is one of the easiest to install the flat ribbon heating mats. The only consideration you must take into account is that both the carpet and underlay are ‘low tog’. We can supply the appropriate underlay for your installation.
Our heating solution for carpet is slimline and will only increase the floor level by 6mm including insulation, this is very low compared to other forms of underfloor heatn. The amorphous metal elements also has a greater energy transfer rate compared to standard copper wire, enabling it to heat the room to the desired temperature more efficiently.
When installing this particular system there is very little floor preparation required, simply ensure it is free from dust and debris. It is recommended that the floor surface is flat and smooth before installing.
The system can be installed on top of any type of sub floor, including concrete, wood, block and beam as well as insulated deck.
- Roll out your 6mm soft insulation and cut so it covers the whole floor
- If you are installing on top of a wooden floor you can fix the gripper rods on top of the insulation
- Place the carpet gripper rods around the edges of the room leaving a 7-12mm gap from the wall
- Lay your ribbon underfloor heating mats on the insulation between the gripper rods
- Use the double sided tape on the under floor heating mats to stick them to the insulation
- Where required use additional high adhesive tape to ensure the heating mats are secured
- Route the cold leads (live & neutral) to a junction box just above skirting board level
- Check the resistance of the heating elements matches with the resistance chart in the installation manual
- Connect the cold leads using our 5 lever quick connectors
- Lay your low tog underlay over the underfloor heating elements
- Lay your low tog carpet
- See Electrical section for setting up electrics, we recommend that you use a competent electrician